Work and Learning
The Work and Learning Network promotes learning in, through and for work (paid or unpaid).
We network and share with members and wider communities that support a range of professional practice. The network provides seminars, workshops, conferences and other events and engages with for example, work-related learning, degree apprenticeships, placements, internships, practitioner research and professional doctorates.
Our vision is to be a vibrant practitioner led network, recognised for its excellence, that advocates Higher Education (HE) in the workplace and empowers learners through encouraging lifelong learning goals.
Our mission is to:
- provide inspiration and leadership through the development and sharing of work and learning professional practice as an important and integral part of academic awards.
- encourage and promote values, research, scholarly activity and professional practice that encourages the development of work and learning as a critical pedagogy.
- promote networking and events for members and work with national lobbies to influence the direction of work and learning in HE.
- To disseminate good practice in relation to the development, facilitation and assessment of work and learning practice within HE through learning in, for and through a wide range of work-based learning, work- integrated and apprenticeship (higher, degree and graduate) programmes including undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
- To provide events and network opportunities for HE colleagues to support staff development
- To promote and disseminate research in the field of work and learning
- To promote the status of the use of work and learning practice in HE, with employers, policy makers, professional groups and other stakeholders through UALL.
Dr Paula Nottingham (UALL Convenor)
Dr Elda Nikolou-Walker ( UALL Convenor)
For more information: